Tuesday 24 November 2015

DD Hammocks Scout

Two and a half year ago, my son got his own hammock. A DD Hammocks Scout. So, since last year, when I started this blog, I've been thinking about writing a review for it. But what am I to say? I haven't spent even five minutes in it.
So I asked my nine years old son. "Could you help me with something?" And this is what we told me...

Comfort

It's really nice and cozy. It's not so hard, but just enough. You don't have to have so much stuff in it to get it to be softer, like some hammocks you have to put in jackets or blankets to get it be soft enough to lay in.

The lay during the night is good. You lay very nice, but I don't know what's the best about it. Compared to dads DD Frontline and UK Hammocks Woodsman X, my DD Scout has better balance and is a little tighter which is good.

Materials

The material is soft to the touch. Very smooth. It doesn't let the cold air in.

What's missing

If I want to change something?... I don't know... Yeah, one thing is to have the bag a little bigger. It's a little hard to put the hammock back in the bag. The ropes could be a little easier to tie. Today they are a bit... Hm... Hard? Other than that, it's perfect!

Conclusion

It's a good and comfy hammock. I really would recommend it!

Dads additions

The hammock is quite nice. It's cheap, and rather light. The weight doesn't bother me that much, most of the time we go car camping together. But in a year or two we might do a little hike, but then he'll have to carry it for himself ;)

For my ease of mind, I made a bug net for it. I didn't want him to wake up and have mosquito bites everywhere. I asked him if you would prefer an attached bug net, but he doesn't know. This is most likely due to that he doesn't like change. If something is in a certain way, it should stay like that.

It's not that easy to setup. I don't like the lines attached to it when you get it, but my son won't let me change them :) I would like to have either tree huggers and rings or tree huggers and whoopie slings. That would have made it so much easier for me. But hey... It's his hammock.

But I like the size of it, 2.35 by 1.3 meters. UK Hammocks has one fairly the same size, 2.1 by 1.2 meters. And they are both the same price (£15 at the time of my writing), shipping might vary though, and availability.
__
Fredrik

No comments:

Post a Comment